It is vital that all members of our community take responsibility for checking symptoms and accessing testing where appropriate. It is common for children to develop a number of viruses throughout the autumn term and we urge parents to keep communication open with school to safely assess the potential risk of Covid. Please see the 'Covid-19 Pupil Related Absence' chart below for help in deciding what measures should be taken.
System of Controls
Maintaining the safety of our pupils and staff remains paramount and the organisation, restrictions and procedures in place are subject to regularly reviewed risk assessment. While coronavirus (COVID-19) remains in the community, this means making judgements for our school about how to balance and minimise any risks through proportionate protective measures. It will still not be possible to remove the risk entirely.
Essential measures include:
- a requirement that people who are ill stay at home
- robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- enhanced cleaning arrangements
- active engagement with NHS Test and Trace
- formal consideration of how to reduce contacts and maximise distancing between those in school wherever possible and minimise potential for contamination so far as is reasonably practicable
How contacts are reduced will depend on the school’s circumstances and will (as much as possible) include:
- grouping children together in bubbles
- avoiding contact between groups
- arranging classrooms with forward facing desks
- staff maintaining distance from pupils and other staff as much as possible
The full parental guide can be read by clicking on the link below, detailing the specific arrangements for staggered drops off and collection, classroom arrangements, lunchtimes, PE etc. The risk assessment can also be downloaded below.
Risk Assessments and Parental Guides
The full suite of Government guidance can be found here.
Remote Learning Offer
Welcome Back - Returning to school
Please see the Newsletter section of the website for a weekly update during lock-down.
Please see individual class pages for their weekly home learning and examples of great lock-down work.
SEND - Social Stories
January School Closure Letters